What a week! We finally have the house to ourselves as all our housemates have moved out, and we spend the whole time having friends over. Not as relaxing as I had planned, but precious, and at least I had Thursday afternoon and evening free to relax. Have to make the most of that before I start my next college course in April, which will swallow all Thursday’s and a few Saturdays until July.
- Made the effort to download (no app for me whilst I keep my old failing phone!) a 2-4-1 coupon for the cinema on Tuesday. Spent the saved money on buying a ticket for a dear friend, but the savings made it was easy to be generous.
- Took a sandwich for lunch on Wednesday, when I worked later than my usual hours, instead of giving into impulse to just buy something. It’s getting hard to find shop bought sandwiches which feel like they are worth the money, and they’re never vegan (which I aspire to) anyway.
- Went to a friends house party and didn’t bring anything. They didn’t ask for anything, and if it’d been needed we could easily have run out for it, but it turned out fine. I wouldn’t normally go empty handed, but in this case the friend was as non-conformist as us and I knew no ne would be offended. Better taking nothing than introducing junk no one needs.
- Mended a work shirt (finally, after it had languished on the mending pile for some time!) and put it back in circulation. Took minutes, I really should have done it sooner!
- Taking less showers now my hair is growing out. It doesn’t like getting wet at all, unless it needs shampooing, so as I’m not doing any physical craziness, I don’t mind just showering less frequently. No idea how much water our power shower uses, but I suspect I’m saving a substantial amount!
As ever, this post is inspired by Katy’s great blog and commenters.