Late again. This Friday I found myself a rather occupying task at work, met my partner for lunch out, and then dashed off to a hen-do, so not much time for blog posts. All round a really busy week, and more to come, so I’m concentrating on finding what down-time I can at home!
- Stayed in all of last weekend, and worked on the house, so I didn’t spend any money or use any petrol.
- Finally finished making new curtains! We have a huge window, and a few months ago the curtains died (shredded themselves in the washing machine). Since the cost of buying new curtains of sufficient size is something more than £200 (!), I knew I’d be making them myself…but it’s taken a few months to actually find the time to do it. I even managed to use up the old hooks from the previous curtains and 6m of material from the stash.
- Finally got supervision at my second job, so that’ll be an extra hour of pay as well as finally getting a bunch of problems (contract, holiday hours, procedures etc) sorted for a happier and safer work environment.
- Took plenty of food and drink so that I could have dinner during the break at my evening College course on Thursday, and resisted the siren call of the cafeteria’s baked goods.
- Didn’t get take out, even though feeling motivated to eat has been a real challenge this last week or so.
As ever, this post is inspired by Katy’s blog and her fascinating readers.