Small victories are what I looked for this week. The first part of the week was pretty emotionally stressful and exhausting, and it pretty much didn’t let up until today.
- I spent nothing on Monday which, considering how utterly miserable and overwhelmed I was, seems like a major achievement. I did buy comfort food on Tuesday, but I’ve discovered that a sugary something straight after therapy is really good for recovery, so I think that might be a new tradition and I refuse to feel guilty about it!
- I went in an amazing fabric shop at the weekend and didn’t buy anything. This is a new thing for me, as I love fabric and the Japanese and Asian fabrics were so desirable. But I resisted! My current fabric stash is embarrassingly huge anyway.
- I returned a black dress I’d bought from a charity shop which didn’t fit. Normally I’d just put it in the next donation bag, but it cost more than a fiver and it was easy enough to swing by the shop so I put the effort in to return it.
- New housemates have both signed contracts, and one has moved in, so bank accounts have grown a bit and we now have people to feed the cat free of charge when we go away next!
- I’ve done a bunch of repairs on clothes, old ones and new things from charity shops, to make them wearable, which saves them from the tip and gives me cheap and lovely clothes. I’m also hoping I can get a stain out of a really nice shirt I picked up this week. Fingers crossed!
As ever, this post is inspired by Katy and her readers.