Well, it’s been a while! Turns out when you end up working and training until 10pm three nights out of five you end up a little too tired to manage much beyond the necessities. But I’m back! My Thursday night college class has finished, so I have time to do stuff again. Phew. It’s so nice to have some time at home!
- My partner made a new gate for our back yard, and only needed to by new hinges. The gate itself was made up from left over bits of wood and the remains of the old, very dead gate.
- I got my contract extended! I should probably post about that separately, but I am very pleased. It gives me some security until 2018, at least.
- I was therefore able to buy a bus pass that would last a year. It did hurt to see £600 of hard-saved cash leave my account! But I was able to pay it out of savings rather than dip into an overdraft or anything. It will save me a lot of money over the course of a year, even when compared to buying 3monthly passes. Though this is likely still costing me more (and sometimes taking three times as long!) as it would be to drive to work! I get pretty pissed off about that if I think about it too long… but taking the bus is the most environmentally friendly option.
- Made my apologies to some friends, and didn’t drive a 600mile round trip this weekend to see them. Obviously this saved us money, and saved the world some energy, but mostly I am just desperate to spend some time at home doing safe, happy, settled domestic things with my partner.
- I only had a couple of drinks out on our final pub trip with my college friends. I really cared for them, and so I stayed out until about 11pm just soaking up the atmosphere, but I was happy not to get drunk.