Busy week, but the last in the month, hurrah.
- Stitched up a rip in our duvet cover. The fabric is becoming too thin really, but a quick repair should help it last a little longer.
- Making slow progress on repainting get the back door and frame. We’ve thought about getting a replacement for some time, as it’s just wooden and doesn’t fit the frame well or insulate at all, but having added the cat flap I’ve come to the conclusion were not really going to spend £600 on a new back door. So I’m slowly stripping off the many layers of peeling paint (inside and out!) and attempting to repair and improve it. I don’t think any maintenance has been done on it in about fifteen years. Hopefully I can find some way to get a better seal on the door ahead of winter.
- Hung a lot of laundry on the line, avoiding the tumble dryer.
- Lovely housemates are still lovely, and still paying their rent on time. Good for us, and the fact we’re all sharing a house is good for the environment (no empty rooms, or under-used houses).
- I’m staffing a weekend event that my partner is attending, so there will be free meals and free refreshments all weekend long for me and I don’t pay to attend.
Nothing big, but you have to hold onto the little wins some weeks!