I’m on holiday! An actual holiday, amazing. It’s inside the UK, which I adore far more than foreign travel, and I’m going to see all the crinkly frankly coastline, ruinous castles and tasty food I can possibly cram into one week. So with that in mind:
- Travelled off peak on the trains. I couldn’t get a good advance deal, so still paid frankly extortionate prices for crap, ancient, late trains, but at least I travelled before rush hour.
- Packed lunches for work. Boring, but I did it.
- Ate leftovers my partner didn’t want. Also boring.
- Didn’t put a fan on or give into seasonal but brief desires for an air conditioner. Instead, I dragged my partner out to the beach, to paddle in cold water and lie on cool pebbles watching the sun go down and the stars come out. Free, and unexpectedly romantic. We even walked home.
- Did not buy the new rucksack I wanted for my holiday. Making do with an ancient shoulder bag that is now about fifteen years old.