Almost there! Christmas is just around the corner, I’ve seen all the people I’m going to see, the fridge is groaning under the weight of food, and there is finally the promise of peace and quiet. Hell yeah!
- I ordered a DVD for my mom, and when Amazon told me it wouldn’t get there in time for Christmas if I picked free delivery, I just thought fuck it and ordered it with free delivery anyway. It got there five days before Christmas! In your face evil corporation, you wouldn’t get that £1.80 for standard delivery from me!
- The person I work most directly for gave me a Christmas present…and it was a £20 amazon voucher! Get in! So much better than a bottle of wine, no matter how good the wine is.
- Used my Network Railcard to buy a travelcard to London to meet my mum for our Christmas lunch. Due to the restrictions I had to hang out for a few hours, as I couldn’t travel 4:00-7:30pm, but I just enjoyed some time browsing books at Foyles. It halved the cost of my train ticket.
- I picked up bacon for my partner and a massive variety of cheeses ultra-cheap (e.g. more than half regular price) at the town market. I need to try and remember to go there every time I need eggs/cheese/bacon etc (rarely, but still).
- Although I’m off work, I drove back over in order to use the gym. I paid for membership for a year, so I’m rinsing everything I can from it. I took a Yoga class this week too, and I didn’t completely suck! Amazing. Surprising tough on my crappy hands.
Happy Christmas, one and all 🙂 As ever, this post is inspired by Katy’s lovely community.